Thursday, November 18, 2010

Media

Brainstorming for this media group project has been great. There are limitless options for teaching students about media utilizing media. I had a really good idea about a way for students to write stories and learn computer programming at the same time with a program called Alice. This is the description of the program on the website Alice.org:

“Alice is an innovative 3D programming environment that makes it easy to create an animation for telling a story, playing an interactive game, or a video to share on the web. Alice is a teaching tool for introductory computing. It uses 3D graphics and a drag-and-drop interface to facilitate a more engaging, less frustrating first programming experience.”

I have explored the program a little myself to see if it would be good for my daughters to use, and it looked cool. As an introduction to computer programming, it works well to keep kids engaged and utilizes their imagination because they get to make a story come to life.
The problem arose when I tried to show it to my group members and the class computer wouldn’t let me download it. So our lame classroom foiled my great idea. Oh well, we still had a plethora of ideas, and had a great time working them out together.

No comments:

Post a Comment